Rodent populations can grow very quickly and become out of control, causing the potential for extensive damage to the interior and exterior of your home. Mosquito Mike® recommends professional rodent control at the first sighting of a rodent. Waiting too long to treat your Tyler, Texas or Galveston, Texas home can lead to a full rodent infestation.
Mosquito Mike’s professional rodent control services generally involve a three-step program, including:
- Inspection: Our trained rodent exterminators will thoroughly inspect the interior and exterior of your home to identify any rodent activity. Rodent activity typically includes rodent droppings, entry points, chewed wires, etc.
- Rodent-proofing: Once entry points are found, Mosquito Mike® will seal any holes or crevices larger than ¼ inch so more rodents cannot enter the home. Mice and rats can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter and smaller! Our exterminators will also search for additional rodent populations in weeded areas, wood piles, etc.
- Trapping: Trapping is required if an infestation of rodents has occurred in or around the home. After the placement of traps, it may take several days for a rodent to become trapped. Rats and mice are very cautious so many will not investigate a newly placed trap for several days. Our exterminators will check the traps regularly and remove the trapped rodent promptly.
What can you do to help with rodent control?
There are a number of items Tyler, Texas and Galveston, Texas home owners and business owners can do to assist with rodent control.
- Make sure all open food remains closed in an airtight container.
- Take out all trash and recycling regularly.
- Keep the home clean of food crumbs and residue at all times.
- Load all dirty dishes in the dishwasher or hand-wash them before bed. Rodents are very active in the evenings!
- Keep the exterior of your home neat and clean. Rodents prefer to build nests in quiet, protective areas such as wood piles and weeded areas.
Contact our rodent control and pest extermination company in Tyler, Texas or Galveston, Texas
at (855) 212-2350 to make an appointment.